Thursday, August 01, 2013

Stationery Love!

Confession time again:  I'm also a stationeryaholic.

Not entirely sure when this particular obsession started, but I can tell you that it's only growing in magnitude ;)

(You'll notice that collections and obsessions are one of my things, and they'll probably pop up a lot on the blog...I mean, when I was about 10 I used to colour-code my entire wardrobe, and I had a roster going for which lipgloss I wore each day of the week (because naturally I had a lipgloss collection...) - I was a pretty weird child!  One day I'd like to get psychologically tested to see if I have Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder - I feel like I tick a LOT of the boxes!)

My boyfriend and I have a little agreement going: for as long as I'm still studying at uni, our Valentine's Day tradition is for him to take me to Officeworks and give me a set amount of money to spend on whatever stationery I want.  People laugh their heads off when I tell them this, but seriously...the first year he did it, I almost cried, I'd never been so happy!!!  And it's great for him because he never has to think of anything to get me!

Here are some snaps of my haul for the past few years (this year's photo is still on my boyfriend's computer, I'll have to update this after next Valentine's Day):


I guess part of the appeal is the awesomely bright colours, and the fact that once you have a pile of stationery, you need to find ways of organising it, which of course is one of my favourite things to do!  (...honestly!)

I have a huge collection of stationery: pens (seriously - about nine pencil-cases-worth of pens and pencils and highlighters and textas), notepads (nothing is more exciting than a blank notepad - oh, the possibilities!), writing paper, sticky tape, Post-Its (I could write an entire blog post about my love of Post-Its!), staples, white-out tape, paper clips, envelopes, Blu-Tac, folders, stickers, dividers, dispensers...

And now after writing all that down, I have a sudden urge to go and play with all my stationery!  Toodles!

Are you a stationery maniac like me?


2 comments:

  1. Stationary is kind of the best thing ever! AndI love that your Valentine's Day tradition, that seriously just might be the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, isn't it?! Awww thanks so much, I'm glad there's someone out there who doesn't think I'm just a big ol' fruitcake :)

      Delete