Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fashion Forward #3

This 'Fashion Forward' is proudly brought to you by my ridiculous love of all things junk-food related!

Inspired by Good Enough to Eat Dress

Inspired by Good Enough to Eat Dress by chrissy-sparkle

I've been eyeing off the Good Enough to Eat dress for a while but they never had it in my size.  Now they've restocked, and it's sitting in my basket on ModCloth because I'm trying not to buy five dresses a week...but it's pay-day next week, so we shall see ;)

I already have this dress in the Good Enough to Premiere and Good Enough to Strut varieties, so this dress will complete the trio nicely!  They're a very flattering fit (as are most fit-and-flare dresses on those of us blessed with a few curves!) and the colours are gorgeous!

My styling of this dress was partially inspired by this lovely lady:

The Carrie Diaries - Episode 11
I just LOVE that she added a tulle underskirt to really make the dress sit nicely, it complements the peplum jacket so well!  I'm not sure Carrie would ever be so tacky as to style this dress with a bracelet covered in hot dogs, but we can't all be fancy all the time ;)

Have you found any great funky prints lately?

6 comments:

  1. This look is just too cute! An outfit full of color and inspired by food is perfection!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rebecca! My world basically revolves around food and bright colours, so it's an unbeatable combo for me ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, that dress! I love it so much!! It's just so ridiculously fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it amazing?! I just got around to having enough to money to order it haha, I can't wait for it to arrive, I've got a million more ways to style it too! :) Now I just have to make sure I don't take too much inspiration from the dress itself, or it won't fit me... :P

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I have this dress and I absolutely love it! It is so fun to style with and I like the things you paired it with- it's given me some fresh ideas ;)

    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you do?! Isn't it just the best dress, and it's SO wonderful to style, so many colours to match it with!! :)

      Delete